IPL Match 61 CSK vs RR: Accurate 1st inning Runs Prediction

IPL match 61 Chennai against Rajasthan: Get Info of CSK vs RR Sunday Match Prediction, playing 11, Stats, Records, who will Win, First inning Score and Fantasy Team

5/12/20246 min read

IPL · Sun, 12 May, 3:30 pm

T20 61 of 74

Table of Contents:

  • Match Overview

  • Win Probability and Expert Analysis

  • Match Information

  • 1st Inning Runs Prediction

  • Analysis of CSK Squad

  • Analysis of RR Squad

  • Venue Guide

  • Players and Positions

  • Battle of the Titans at MA Chidambaram Stadium

  • Probable Playing 11 for CSK and RR

  • Fantasy Team 11 Picks

  • Head-to-Head Statistics

  • Pitch Report

  • MA Chidambaram Stadium Records of CSK and RR

  • 15.Key Players to Watch Out For

  • Orange Cap and Purple Cap Race

  • Current Points Table

  • FAQs for IPL Match 61: CSK vs RR

Who Will Win IPL Match 61: CSK vs RR

The Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Rajasthan Royals (RR) are set to square off in what could be an exciting match in the Indian Premier League (IPL).

Win Probability: Based on statistical data, the Super Kings have a 51% chance of winning against the Royals' 49%, giving them a tiny advantage.

42bet Expert Analysis: Records in head-to-head matches show that CSK is ahead. But 42bet experts believe the Rajasthan Royals could reverse the outcome of this matchup based on team form.

Match Information:

  • Match: CSK vs RR, 61st Match, Indian Premier League 2024

  • Date: Sunday, May 12, 2024

  • Time: 3:30 PM IST

  • Venue: MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai

  • Broadcast: Streaming on Jio Cinema, TV broadcast on Star Sports Network

1st Inning Runs Prediction:

  • RR: 1st inning runs expected to range between 170-190 if they bat first.

  • CSK: 1st inning runs expected to be between 190-210 if they bat first.

Analysis of the CSK Squad:

  • Captain: Ruturaj Gaikwad

  • Important Players: MS Dhoni, Moeen Ali, Ravindra Jadeja, and Ajinkya Rahane

  • Strengths: Moeen Ali and Ravindra Jadeja are two talented all-rounders who compliment the experienced players like Dhoni and Rahane in a well-rounded CSK lineup.

  • Potential Impact: The dynamic qualities of Ali and Jadeja combined with Rahane's extensive expertise may be crucial to CSK's success.

Analysis of the RR Squad:

  • Sanju Samson as Captain

  • Important Players: Yuzvendra Chahal, Ravichandran Ashwin, Shimron Hetmyer, and Jos Buttler

  • Strengths: RR is a difficult opponent because of their amazing blend of spin bowling strategy and explosive batting prowess.

  • Potential Impact: Buttler's aggressive batting approach, combined with Ashwin's and Chahal's skill with spin, presents a serious danger to CSK's batting order.

Venue Guide:

  • Stadium: MA Chidambaram Stadium

  • City: Chennai

  • Capacity: 50,000

  • Ends: Anna Pavilion End, V Pattabhiraman Gate End

  • Hosts to: Tamil Nadu, Chennai Super Kings

Players and Positions:

Chennai super kings

  • Ajinkya Rahane (RH Batsman)

  • Ruturaj Gaikwad (C) (RH Batsman)

  • Sameer Rizvi (RH Batsman)

  • Shaik Rasheed (RH Batsman)

  • Ajay Mandal (LH Batsman, LAO Bowler)

  • Daryl Mitchell (RH Batsman, RAM Bowler)

  • Mitchell Santner (LH Batsman, LAO Bowler)

  • Moeen Ali (LH Batsman, RAO Bowler)

  • Nishant Sindhu (LH Batsman, LAO Bowler)

  • Rachin Ravindra (LH Batsman, LAO Bowler)

  • Ravindra Jadeja (LH Batsman, LAO Bowler)

  • Shardul Thakur (RH Batsman, RFM Bowler)

  • Shivam Dube (LH Batsman, RM Bowler)

  • Aravelly Avanish (WK) (LH Batsman)

  • MS Dhoni (WK) (RH Batsman)

  • Deepak Chahar (RM Bowler)

  • Maheesh Theekshana (RAO Bowler)

  • Matheesha Pathirana (RF Bowler)

  • Mukesh Choudhary (LMM Bowler)

  • Mustafizur Rahman (LFM Bowler)

  • Prashant Solanki (RALO Bowler)

  • Rajvardhan Hangargekar (RM Bowler)

  • Richard Gleeson (RFM Bowler)

  • Simarjeet Singh (RFM Bowler)

  • Tushar Deshpande (RM Bowler)

Rajasthan royals

  • Dhruv Jurel (RH Batsman)

  • Kunal Singh Rathore (LH Batsman)

  • Shimron Hetmyer (LH Batsman)

  • Shubham Dubey (LH Batsman)

  • Yashasvi Jaiswal (LH Batsman)

  • Keshav Maharaj (RH Batsman, LALO Bowler)

  • Ravichandran Ashwin (RH Batsman, RAO Bowler)

  • Riyan Parag (RH Batsman, RALO Bowler)

  • Rovman Powell (RH Batsman, RMF Bowler)

  • Donovan Ferreira (RH Batsman, WK)

  • Jos Buttler (RH Batsman, WK)

  • Sanju Samson (C) (RH Batsman, WK)

  • Tom Kohler-Cadmore (RH Batsman, WK)

  • Abid Mushtaq (LH Batsman, LALO Bowler)

  • Kuldeep Sen (RF Bowler)

  • Nandre Burger (LMF Bowler)

  • Navdeep Saini (RF Bowler)

  • Sandeep Sharma (RM Bowler)

  • Tanush Kotian (RAO Bowler)

  • Trent Boult (LFM Bowler)

  • Yuzvendra Chahal (RLB Bowler)

CSK vs RR: Battle of the Titans at MA Chidambaram Stadium

Cricket fans should get ready for an exciting match between the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and the Rajasthan Royals (RR) at the legendary MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai as the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2024 season heats up. Let's examine the likely playing elevens, fantasy team selections, head-to-head statistics, and the pitch report for this exciting matchup between two teams with strong lineups.

Probable Playing 11 for CSK

  • Shardul Thakur

  • Shivam Dube

  • Tushar Deshpande

  • Daryl Mitchell

  • Richard Gleeson

  • Ruturaj Gaikwad (C)

  • Ajinkya Rahane

  • Ravindra Jadeja

  • Mitchell Santner

  • MS Dhoni (WK)

  • Sameer Rizvi

Probable Playing 11 for RR

  • Jos Buttler

  • Ravichandran Ashwin

  • Trent Boult

  • Yashasvi Jaiswal

  • Rovman Powell

  • Sandeep Sharma

  • Avesh Khan

  • Donovan Ferreira

  • Riyan Parag

  • Yuzvendra Chahal

  • Sanju Samson (c & wk)

Fantasy Team 11 Picks:

  • Keeper: Sanju Samson (c), Rachin Ravindra

  • Batsmen: Ruturaj Gaikwad (VC), Ajinkya Rahane, Yashasvi Jaiswal

  • All-rounders: Ravindra Jadeja, Shivam Dube, R Ashwin, Riyan Parag

  • Bowlers: Tushar Deshpande, Yuzvendra Chahal

Head-to-Head Statistics:

Throughout the 29 IPL games that CSK and RR have played, CSK has won 15 of them, while RR has won 14.

Pitch Report:

In contrast to their past reputation, the surfaces at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in the 2024 Indian Premier League have favored batting. A first-inning average of 165 suggests that the task of the defense will be difficult. This pattern is anticipated to continue when CSK and RR square off in the next match.

Key Players to Watch Out For in IPL Match 60


  • Sanju Samson: The formidable batsman for RR has regularly put up outstanding shows and shown that he can score a lot of runs. Samson's incredible 86-run knock in the most recent game against Delhi demonstrated his ability to win games.

  • Ruturaj Gaikwad: Challenging the opposition as captain of CSK, Gaikwad has been a reliable performer and is presently second in the Orange Cap standings. Despite a recent loss in the match against GT, Gaikwad is a dangerous opponent because of his skill and tenacity.

  • Riyan Parag: One of RR's rising stars, Parag has put on nothing short of spectacular displays over the past five games. The explosive hitting of Parag, who recently scored 27 runs against DC, gives RR's lineup more depth.


  • Tushar Deshpandey: The CSK right-arm medium pacer has been in incredible form, as shown by his outstanding showing in the most recent game, in which he took two significant wickets for 33 runs. Deshpandey is now a contender for the coveted Orange Cap thanks to his steady performances.

  • The Yuzvendra Chahal: Chahal, who is renowned for his ability to take wickets, is an essential member of RR's bowling attack. Even though Chahal had a difficult performance against Delhi in the last game, giving up 48 runs and taking one wicket, his ability to spin makes him a dangerous threat on any kind of surface.

Orange Cap and Purple Cap Race:

  • In the race for the Orange Cap, RCB's Virat Kohli leads the charts with an impressive tally of 634 runs, closely followed by CSK's Ruturaj Gaikwad in the second position and RR's Sanju Samson in the fifth position with 471 runs.

  • As for the Purple Cap, PBKS' Harshal Patel maintains his dominance with 20 wickets, while CSK's Tushar Deshpandey holds the ninth position with 14 wickets, and RR's Yuzvendra Chahal occupies the fourteenth position with the same number of wickets.

Current Points Table:

Following the exciting match 59 between GT and CSK, the standings indicate a fiercely competitive tournament:

Every game gets more important as the competition heats up as clubs compete for a postseason berth. Watch this space for even more thrilling action throughout the 2024 IPL season!

FAQs for IPL Match 61: CSK vs RR

1.Who has the statistical advantage in head-to-head matches between CSK and RR?

  • CSK holds a slight edge in head-to-head matches, having won 15 out of the 29 encounters played against RR.

2.What is the likely outcome of the match based on win probability?

  • According to statistical analysis, CSK has a 51% chance of winning, while RR has a 49% chance, giving CSK a marginal advantage.

3.Which players should fans watch out for in IPL Match 61?

  • Key players to watch include Sanju Samson for RR, known for his explosive batting, and Ruturaj Gaikwad for CSK, who has been consistent with the bat. Bowlers like Tushar Deshpandey for CSK and Yuzvendra Chahal for RR are also expected to play crucial roles.

4.What are the likely first-innings scores predicted for CSK and RR?

  • RR is expected to score between 170-190 runs in the first innings if they bat first, while CSK's expected range is between 190-210 runs if they bat first.

5.Who are the current leaders in the Orange and Purple Cap race?

  • Virat Kohli from RCB leads the Orange Cap race with 634 runs, followed by Ruturaj Gaikwad from CSK and Sanju Samson from RR. In the Purple Cap race, Harshal Patel from PBKS leads with 20 wickets, while Tushar Deshpandey from CSK and Yuzvendra Chahal from RR are also among the top wicket-takers.